RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SENDING, PEER REVIEWING
AND PUBLISHING THE ARTICLES
INFORMATION FOR THE AUTHORS
“Vestnik BIST (Bashkir Institute of Social Technologies)”
The procedure for sending articles
- The articles submitted to “Vestnik BIST (Bashkir Institute of Social Technologies)” must be original and previously unpublished. The copyrighted materials may include original, topical and polemic articles, literature reviews, reports of scientific events, scientific agendas and scientific research, the results of Candidate and Doctoral thesis research in the field of human, social and economic sciences.
- The papers can be submitted via the e-mail address email@example.com or directly to the editorial office or by post using CD-R, the address is: “Vestnik BIST (Bashkir Institute of Social Technologies)”, Office 105, Prospekt Oktyabrya – 74/2, Ufa, 450054, Russia.
- In addition to carefully read through and signed by the author (co-authors) copies of the article and registration card with information about the author/s is applied to the material necessary information in English (see. The requirements for the articles).
- The article is registered by executive secretary in the log stating the date of the receiving, the title, author’s full name and place of work. The article is given the unique record number.
- Article is accepted for consideration only if it meets the requirements for author’s original article (material), published in scientific journals and posted on the website of the journal http://www.vestnik-bist.ru.
- The authors without science degree should submit the research adviser’s review and extract from the protocol of the Chair meeting recommending the article publication. The reviews, the extracts as well as the verification letters of postgraduate status notarized accordingly should be send by post to the editors office. The scans of all the documents should be attached to the e-mail as separate jpg or pdf files.
The authors with science degree should submit two peer reviews (the reviewer should have a candidate or doctorate degree) signed and authenticated with the seal at the reviewer’s place of work.
The reviews increase the probability of editorial board’s approval for publication of the article. The revews can be written in arbitrary form, the following conclusion as well as the signature and the stamp are obligatory: “The article may be recommended for the publication in the scientific journal “Vestnik BIST (Bashkir Institute of Social Technologies)”.
- The authors are responsible for the reliability of the given facts, numerical, graphic or any other data as well as quotation accuracy and absence of the legal obstacles to publication of information. The receipt of applications by the editors is regarded as the author’s consent to personal data processing and publication. The receipt of applications by the editors is regarded as the author’s consent to publishing the received materials in full measure in digital and print journal without royalty fee. Upon the existence restriction of authors’ rights to the received materials the author is obligated to notify the editors office in writing.
- The author is allowed one or two publications in the issue of the journal.
- Terms of submission of materials are: before March 10, before June 10, before September 10, before December 10.
Procedure for review
- The editors office reviews all the incoming articles relevant to its subject matter for the purpose of their expert evaluation.
- The Senior Editor (deputy editor-in-chief) refers the article for a review to the member of the editorial board according to the academic discipline or field they oversee. If the member of the editorial board is absent or is the author of the article the Senior Editor refers the article to the third party review.
- All the reviewers are acknowledged experts (Doctors and Candidates of Sciences) in the subject matters of the reviewed materials and have published the articles on relevant topics during the last three years.
- Besides the third party reviews the article undergoes double-blind review (the reviewers do not know the authors of the article, the authors do not know the reviewers).
- The reviewer is to review the referred article within a month as from receipt or send a substantiated refusal to the editors office by post or e-mail.
- The editors office recommends to use a standard form for reviewing. It is necessary to characterise the academic and applicable significance of the author’s research and to relate the author’s conclusions with the current theory. The required element of the review is the evaluation of the author’s contribution to the solution of the problem at issue. It is viable to mention the suitability of the style, logic and comprehension of the material to the scientific character of the material.
- The review is to recommend the article for publication; to recommend for publication with modifications taking into the account the comments; not to recommend the article for publication. If the reviewer recommends the article for publication by incorporating the comments made by the reviewer or does not recommend the article for publication, the review is to include the reasons for the decision.
- The reviewer’s evaluation of the article forms the basis for the Editorial Board’s decision to publish or decline to publish the reviewed article. Following the decision made the letter with general assessment of the article is sent to the author; if the article requires follow-up revision / incorporating the reviewer’s comments – the recommendations to comply with remarks, implement corrections, remove remarks/notes are given; if the article is declined – the reasons for the decisions are listed.
- The article implementing corrections and removed remarks is received and regarded according to the standard procedure.
- The return of the article for corrections and editing does not warrant the article will be admitted for publication. The article might be referred for the second reviewing. The final decision is based on the conclusions of the reviewers and editorial board.
- In case there are more than one author, the corresponding author should be appointed responsible for signing the application, the original manuscript and assignment of copyright. The corresponding author will contact the editors office in relation to receiving of the final manuscript.
- The editor notifies the author of the editorial board conclusion. The author is not informed of the editorial board’s reviews, the editor office does not participate in the discussion of the merits and demerit of the article. The author’s opinion and conclusions may disagree with the editors office and editorial board’s opinion.
- The editors office is obliged to send the copies of the reviews to Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the event that a request therefor is made.
- Еhe reviews are kept in publishing house and in editors office for 5 years.
The requirements to the articles sent to
“Vestnik BIST (Bashkir Institute of Social Technologies)”
- The amount of full pages should not exceed 15 and be less than 5 pages. The article should be in accordance with the following requirements:
- MS Word documents in 14 pt size Times New Roman, the interval spacing is 1.5;
- page settings: left margin – 3 cm, top, bottom edges – 2 cm, right margin – 1.5 cm;
- indent is 1.25 cm and set automatically;
- portrait layout of the page;
- full justification.
2. Type codes and acronyms should be written out at first reference in the texts.
3. The tables should be set in Microsoft Word. Scanned and inserted as a picture tables are not accepted.
4. Diagrams, charts, pictures, schematics, photographs and other graphics objects should be numbered and added as separate *.jpg or *.tif files in black and white, resolution is not less than 300 dpi.The captions are placed in the texts where the graphics objects is to be situated.The graphics objects should not exceed the print boundaries, allow modifications and dimensional change. The lines of the diagrams and pictures on file are to be arranged into groups.
5. Formulas are to be in default formula editor.
6. Use the author’s surname to name the file (for example, “Ivanov.doc”); The graphics objects are named according to the number of the picture, table, etc. (for example, “picture 1.jpg”, “table 3.doc”).
7. The list of post-text bibliographic references shall be placed after the main text of the article with the preceding words “List of sources”. It should contain no more than 15 sources, including no more than 3 references to the publications of the authors of the article and their co-authors in order to avoid an unscrupulous increase in the bibliometric indicators of the authors.
The list of post-text bibliographic references shall include entries only to resources that are mentioned or cited in the main text of the article.
Bibliographic entries in the list of post-text bibliographic references shall be numbered and placed in the order of citation of sources in the text of the article.
The bibliographic entry for the list of post-text bibliographic references shall be compiled using the GOST (State Standard) R 7.0.5.
Сорокин Д. Е., Сухарев О. С. Структурно-инвестиционные задачи развития экономики России // Экономика. Налоги. Право. 2013. № 3. С. 4–15.
References to post-text bibliographic references in the text of the article shall be enclosed in square brackets.
Additionally, the list of post-text bibliographic references in English (“References”) shall be given according to the style of registration of the list of post-text bibliographic references accepted in foreign publications.
Sorokin D. E., Sukharev O. S. Structural and investment objectives of the development of the Russian economy. Ekonomika. Nalogi. Pravo = Economics. Taxes. Law. 2013;(3):4-15. (In Russ.).
8. The title of the article shall be given in Russian and English.
9. Basic information about the author(s) shall be given in Russian and English and contain:
– name, patronymic, surname of the author (in full);
– the name of the organization (institution), its division where the author works or studies (city, country)
– the author’s email address (e-mail);
– Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) (if available).
10. Annotation shall be formed using the GOST (State Standard) R 7.0.99 in Russian and English. The abstract shall not exceed 250 words.
11. Keywords (phrases) shall correspond to the topic of the article and reflect its subject, terminological area. The number of keywords (phrases) shall not be less than 3 and more than 15 words (phrases). They shall be given in Russian and English.
12. Publication is royalty free.
13. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the information, the accuracy of citations and references to official documents and other sources, quotations as well as absence of data unliable for publication in public media.
14. The editors office reserves the right to edit the articles without alteration of the scientific content.
15. The articles inconsistent with aforementioned requirements will not be published as per editorial board decision, the manuscripts will not be returned.
16. The author responsible for correspondence must provide to the editorial office completed registration cards for all authors and consent to the processing of personal data permitted for distribution from each of them.
|Surname, patronymic name
|Place of work, job title
(including the name of department
or chair, division, laboratory)
|Science degree, academic title
|The full title of the article
|The academic field of the article
|E-mail address (obligatory)
|Contact telephone number
|Address (including postal code)
for sending the author's copy of the journal.
To publish an article, the author(s) should:
- To fill in the registration card.
- To send an article prepared in accordance with the requirements and a registration card to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention. The republication of the materials published in the journal is permitted with the express written agreement of the editors office.